This is a double post, photos are from two separate visits (technically we’ve been there a lot more than twice but these are the times we remembered the camera needed to ‘eat’ too).
The everyday menu
– Portobello Ciabatta ($16.50) – this is definitely our favourite. Creamy mushrooms topped with wine sauce and sprinkled with Kapiti cheese, all on a slice of crispy ciabatta. It’s a great vegetarian dish, enjoyable for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
– Whittakers Hot Chocolate ($5) – served with steamed milk and a Whittakers chocolate stick. Incredibly rich.
The Restaurant Month menu ($12)
– Cabinet Food – The BLT bread was super tough and hard to swallow, it was all bread and not much ingredients. The Beef cheeks and cheese pie didn’t quite sit well with us either.
– Cold drink from the fridge
– Cake/muffin from the cabinet – we ordered the cheesecakes. They were super sweet and rough. We also had some difficulty figuring out what the flavours actually were.
This is a super combo deal at a very low price. We thought the quality wasn’t quite there though.
Shaky Isles is home to awesome decor, friendly staff and lovely food. We love their menu food but aren’t quite fans of the cabinet. Do go along and visit this cool cafe, if not for the food then at least for the staple coffee story wall.